NAu mai, haere mai.
Ko te Wero Auaha Māori o DIGMYIDEA he kaupapa e taea ai e koe te waihanga tētahi huatau pakihi matihiko auaha, he pito mata tōna kia horapa ki te ao whānui.
Ko DIGMYIDEA tētahi whakataetae e wātea ana ki a ngāi Māori whānui puta noa i Aotearoa. E rua ōna wāhanga – ko Rerenga o te Kora (mō te hunga 15-24 tau te pakeke), ko Muranga o te Ahi (mō te hunga 25 tau neke atu rānei te pakeke).
Mō ia huatau angitu, he mōkihi hāpai i ngā mahi whakarite pakihi, kei koni atu i te $10,000 te wāriu, te whiwhinga!
Katoa te hunga ka kuhu ki ngā whiringa toa ka tōia mai ki Tāmaki Makaurau kia whai wāhi ai ki tētahi kaupapa ārahi mō tētahi mutunga wiki hei hāpai i a rātou ki te whakawhanake, ki te whakatakoto hoki i ō rātou huatau, e whai wāhi ai pea ki ngā whiwhinga nui.
02 ENTER | WHAKAURU
E rua ngā wāhanga whakauru
Rerenga o te Kora (15 - 24)
Muranga o te Ahi (25 +)
E āhei ana te whakauru ki DIGMYIDEA hei takitahi, hei rōpū rānei, engari kia kaua e nui ake i te tokorima ki te rōpū. E āhei ana tā ngā rōpū whai wāhi mai mēnā he tauiwi kei aua rōpū, heoi, me Māori te kaiārahi, waihoki, me noho ki Aotearoa.
Kia mōhio mai: Ka whakaurua ngā rōpū ki te wāhanga ā-pakeke e hāngai ana ki te pakeke o te mema kaumātua rawa o te rōpū.
Ka whakawātia tō huatau e ai ki ngā paearu e rārangi mai nei:
- He auaha, he matihiko, he whakaihiihi, he rakahinonga hoki tō huatau.
- E mārama ana, e whai hononga ana anō hoki koe ki ō apataki.
- He pito mata tō tōu huatau kia horapa ki te ao whānui.
- He pito mata tō tōu huatau kia whakarite i ētahi āheinga ā-ōhanga mā ngāi Māori, mā ērā atu tāngata o Aotearoa anō hoki.
Me he raruraru ka hua ake, tēnā whakapā atu ki te tira whakahaere o DIGMYIDEA
03 PRIZES | NGĀ WHIWHINGA
E rua ngā mōkihi whakarite pakihi, kei koni atu i te $10,000 te wāriu o ia mōkihi!
Ka tōia mai te hunga ka kuhu ki ngā whiringa toa ki Tāmaki Makaurau kia arahina takitahitia ai ki tētahi wānanga e rua rā te roa, ki reira tohua ai ngā toa whakaihuwaka.
04 RESOURCES | NGĀ RAUEMI
Tēnā tirohia ngā rauemi me ngā ataata utukore e rārangi mai nei e whakaatu ana me pēhea te waihanga i tētahi huatau.
NIKORA FROM YOUNG ANIMATORS
Nikora truly took his idea digital, watch to see how!
PAST WINNER ADELE
See what past winner Adele has been up to since winning in 2017.
STEVEN FROM KIWA DIGITAL
Learn more about Kiwa Digital and it's awesome CEO Steven.
MARU FROM METIA INTERACTIVE
Maru won Māori entrepreneur of the year (2018). Watch the video see learn about what she's all about.
LEE FROM ARATAKI CULTURAL TRAILS
Lee entered DIGMYIDEA and didn't win, but started his business anyway. Learn more about his awesome app in the video.
ANDY FROM CENTRALITY
Andy is at the cutting edge of innovation. Learn about Centrality in the video, it might be useful to businesses just starting out!
Watch the highlights from DIGIwānanga 2017! If you want to watch the 2015 video click here.
DEVELOPING AN IDEA
Tips, hints and examples to help build your idea.
05 JUDGES | NGĀ KAIWHAKAWĀ
More judges to be announced soon!
E manawarū ana a Kaye-Maree ki te whānau, ki te hapori, ki te hangarau anō hoki, ā, kua koni atu i te 17 tau ia e mahi ana i ngā kaupapa whanake i te iwi Māori me ngā hapori. I roto i ana mahi ki Te Whare Hukahuka me te hōtaka o Ka Eke Poutama, kua mahi tahi ia ki ngā rōpū rangatahi me nga rōpū ā-iwi maha i ngā tau e toru kua hipa, ka mutu, e aroha nui ana ki ngā mahi whakapakari i ngā āheinga whakaumu o ngā whānau, o ngā hapū, o ngā whakahaere ā-iwi hoki hei hāpai ake i te pito mata ohaoha o Aotearoa.
Ko Ian te kaiwhakahaere hōtaka i Kōkiri, he hōtaka whakahohoro pakihi i whakaritea hei whakatere i te taunga atu o ngā huatau pakihi ā-rohe ki ngā ringa o ngā kiritaki, me te whakapiki anō i te whai wāhitanga atu o ngā ringa pakihi Māori ki ngā kaupapa rakahinonga tauhōu. He pūkenga ōna i te ao whakatairanga, i te ao mātauranga hoki, me te aha, e kohara ana a Ian ki ngā kaupapa whakarite pakihi.
Ko Mike tētahi o ngā kaiwhakatū o Takiwā Ltd, he pakihi hangarau, he nanakia te raweke i ngā momo raraunga. Ko tā te pūhara me ngā taupānga o Takiwā he tiki atu i ngā momo raraunga i ngā tini whakahaere kāwanatanga puta noa i ngā rāngai maha kia whakakotahi atu ki ngā raraunga matatapu kia pai ake ai ngā whakataunga haumi a ngā kiritaki, tae pū atu ana ki ngā rāngai hauora, mātauranga, taiao anō hoki. E whakamanapori ana a Takiwā i ngā mahi whakatau mā te tuku i ngā raraunga me ngā pārongo ki te hunga e taea ana e rātou ngā panonitanga te kōkiri.
He pūkōrero reo irirangi, he kaiwhakataki pouaka whakaata hoki a Stacey Morrison, waihoki, he pūkenga ki te rangahau, ki ngā mahi ringatohu, ki ngā mahi waihanga hōtaka anō. Ko Stacey rāua tahi ko tana hoa rangatira, ko Scotty Morrison, ngā kaituhi o te pukapuka ‘Māori at Home’. He kaiwhakahau Whānau Ora a Stacey mā Te Pou Matakana, he māngai mō te kāhui NZ Breast Cancer Foundation, mō Water Safety NZ anō hoki, otirā, kua hau tōna rongo hei mumu reo Māori.
06 CONTACT | WHAKAPĀ MAI
Me he pātai āu, mēnā rānei e kimi āwhina ana, tēnā īmēra mai, tuku karere mai rānei mā te puka whakapānga.
Terms and Conditions
The terms and conditions contained in this document and on the DIGMYIDEA Website (www.digmyidea.nz) comprise the terms and condition for the DIGMYIDEA Māori Innovation Challenge 2017 (“Terms and Conditions”).
Upon entry, challenge entrants (“Entrants”) agree that they have read, understood and accepted the Terms and Conditions.
A. The Challenge and Entries
- The challenge (“Challenge”) is a Māori entrepreneurial challenge to create a digital business idea that will benefit Māori. The Challenge is designed to increase the level of engagement for Māori into the innovation eco-system by targeting participants of Māori descent.
- The Challenge is organised and managed by Auckland Tourism, Events and Economic Development in conjunction with associated partners (“Organisers”).
- Eligible Entrants must complete and submit an entry form (“Entry Information”) and provide the details of their digital business idea (“Idea Details”) to enter the Challenge (“Entry”). Idea Details can be submitted in any format. Suggested formats include: A three to five minute video; or a 1000 word document.
- Entrants enter the Challenge by completing the Entry Information at the DIGMYIDEA Website and submitting their Idea Details via the DIGMYIDEA Website.
- The Challenge begins on 20 February 2017 and closes at midnight on 31 March 2017. All Entries received after the closing date will not be valid. Evidence of having emailed/uploaded an Entry, or other similar digital information, cannot be accepted as proof of delivery. The Organisers are not responsible for lost or corrupted Entries.
- Every Entrant warrants that all information submitted is true, current and complete.
- The Organisers reserve the right to disqualify any Entrant who does not comply with the Terms and Conditions.
- Every Entrant warrants that to the best of the their knowledge, their Idea Details are new and original and not subject to any third party claim, and that the Entrant owns all intellectual property, trademark or any other ownership and/or moral rights expressed in their Idea Details. The Organisers reserve the right to remove or delete any Entry and exclude the respective Entrant immediately if they have reason to believe that the Idea Details breach, or could be seen to be in breach of, any third party’s legal or moral right(s).
B. Eligibility to enter
- Every Entrant must ordinarily reside in Aotearoa / New Zealand.
- Entrants will be split into two categories:
- Entrants aged between 15 - 25 (Mauri Oho)
- Entrants aged 26 and over (Mauri Tū)
- Age is determined at the date the Challenge starts (20 February 2017).
- Entrants may enter the Challenge either as an individual (“Individual Entrant”) or as a team (“Team Entrant”). The age category that a Team Entrant fits into will be determined by the oldest team member of that Team Entrant. Team Entrants are limited to a maximum of five team members.
- To be eligible to accept any prize, Entrants under 18 years of age must nominate one responsible adult per Entry (one per individual and one per team Entry).
- Multiple Entries are permitted, however each Individual Entrant and each Team Entrant may only win one prize.
C. Judging and Winners
- Entries will be judged in the two categories set out in item B. 2. above.
- Individual or team Entries can only be selected once as a winner, despite multiple Entries.
- All Entries will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Business Configuration & Profit Model
- Product Offering
- Customer Experience
- The finalists will be selected by a panel of judges appointed by the Organisers and will be announced on 24 April 2017. The finalists’ names will be published on the DIGMYIDEA Website the same day. The finalists will be contacted by the contact details provided. The judges will select five finalists from the Mauri Tū category and five finalists from the Mauri Oho category. The judges will then select a winning Entry from each category, at the conclusion of the DIGIwānanga conference on 14 May 2017
- If a prize winner cannot be contacted or does not acknowledge receipt within seven days of being selected as a finalist, the Organisers may select another finalist on the judges’ recommendations. If a prize winner is not available to collect their prize in person at the DIGIwānanga conference on 14 May 2017, the Organisers may select another finalist on the judges’ recommendations.
- The judges and Organisers’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The five finalists from each category will be invited to attend a workshop known as DIGIwānanga from 13 - 14 May 2017 in Tāmaki Makaurau, Auckland. Each Entry will also receive one resource pack.
- There will be $10,000 worth of business start-up assistance for each category winner of the Challenge. Prizes will be comprised of products, services, or any combination of the two, up to a maximum of $10,000. For the avoidance of doubt, in no circumstances will the prizes be made up of cash.
- The prizes are not redeemable for cash, not transferable to any other person, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion.
- If a prize, or part of a prize, becomes unavailable for any reason, the Organisers reserve the right to limit entry, cancel, or amend the prize at its own and sole discretion, including providing the winners with a substitute prize, either in full or in part.
- The information provided on the entry form will be used to contact the Challenge finalists. The names of the finalists and prize winners will be published on the DIGMYIDEA website along with the title of the winner’s Idea Details and/or a short summary of the winner’s Idea Details, (the full details will not be published). In addition, the finalists consent to the Organisers using their names, suburb and a short summary of the Idea Details for promotional purposes.
- All Entrants consent to their personal information being shared between the Organisers who may contact Entrants in regards to future promotions or competitions.
- The prize winners consent to participate and co-operate as required in all promotional activities relating to the Challenge.
- The entry forms will not be returned. The Organisers may contact Entrants to provide feedback on their Entries.
- All information provided by the Entrants will be collected, used, stored, disclosed and corrected in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. All Entrants have the right to access their information and request that any personal information held to be corrected.
- Except as provided for in the Terms and Conditions, the Organisers will keep Idea Details confidential. Entrants retain ownership of their Idea Details including any intellectual property therein.
- Anyone under the age of 15 at the time of entering the competition is not eligible to win any prize.
- The Organisers reserve the right to exclude any Entrant from participating in the Challenge at its sole discretion. The Organisers also reserve the right to refuse to award a prize to an Entrant who is in breach of the Terms and Conditions, gained an unfair advantage in participating in the Challenge, or won a prize by using fraudulent means.
- The Organisers will not be liable for any claims for loss, damage or injury whatsoever or for any physical or mental injury suffered by any Entrant, finalist or prize winner as a result of, or in connection with, the Challenge or any prize won in the Challenge.
- Employees of the Organisers, and their immediate family members (child, grandchild, grandparent, parent, partner, partner’s parent, sibling) are not eligible to enter the Challenge.
- The Organisers reserve the right to amend or change the Terms and Conditions at any time at their sole discretion, including extending, postponing or cancelling the Challenge.
- The Terms and Conditions shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of New Zealand and shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of New Zealand courts.